Ameriplan Complaints: Is there a reason to be alarmed?
Of course, not all customers will will be happy with a product or service. This is true for the ameriplan complaints against the company.
First of all, lets find all the dirt on ameriplan usa that we possibly can and then sift through that information. The first is an article from insurance journal stating that there was a settlement in the amount of $200,000 in Montana. This happened years ago and it was something so minute that I would discount for the time being.
What about some information that was presented from the Better Business Bureau’s ameriplan complaints history. Before considering any of the ameriplan complaints, we should remember the size of the organization in its ameriplan dental plan and its ameriplan ibo membership base. These numbers are great in number and should be kept in mind as you look at the ameriplan complaints against Ameriplan USA. The BBB processed a total of 104 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 104 complaints closed in 36 months, 22 were closed in the last year. These complaints concerned were as follows :
- 1 regarding Advertising Issues
- 1 – Advertisement misrepresented a service
- 37 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
- 3 – Failure to correct billing errors
- 1 – Failure to substantiate charges
- 2 – Improper collection practices
- 9 – None of the Above – Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
- 13 – Unauthorized bank debits
- 9 – Unauthorized credit card charges
- 7 regarding Contract Issues
- 2 – Failure to honor a contract or agreement
- 1 – Invalid or false contract
- 3 – None of the Above – Contract Complaint Issue
- 1 – Unauthorized changes to the contract or agreement
- 16 regarding Customer Service Issues
- 2 – Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
- 2 – Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
- 12 – None of the Above – Customer Service Complaint Issue
- 1 regarding Delivery Issues
- 1 – None of the Above – Delivery Complaint Issue
- 36 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
- 6 – Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
- 12 – Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
- 18 – None of the Above – Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue
- 4 regarding Sales Practice Issues
- 2 – None of the Above – Sales Complaint Issue
- 1 – Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
- 1 – Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
- 2 regarding Service Issues
- 2 – None of the Above – Service Complaint Issue
And from all the ameriplan complaints that were received from the BBB over the past 36 months, they were closed as follows:
- 78 Resolved
- 51 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
- 27 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
- 26 Administratively Closed
- 26 - The parties could not provide sufficient information to support their positions nor were they agreeable to make reasonable efforts toward resolving the issues of the dispute.
As you can see, for the size of ameriplan USA being what it is, there were only 104 ameriplan complaints that were filed over the past 36 months. And with all these ameriplan complaints that were filed, the company tried to do what they could in order to close these complaints in a timely manner.